Maximize your protection with BioCoat Bioactive Resin Pit and Fissure Sealant!
SmartCap™ Technology, developed in partnership with Creighton University, utilizes patented semi-permeable resin microcapsules. In BioCoat, the rechargeable SmartCap microcapsules are filled with ionic solutions of fluoride, calcium and phosphate, which diffuse in and out of the sealant. Studies have shown that even at six months, ion release continues at a significant rate.
- Greater fluoride uptake in the presence of calcium and phosphate ions strengthens enamel
- Remineralization compounds seal margins against microleakage and provide an extra line of defense during acid attacks.
Outstanding Barrier Protection
BioCoat is a 56% filled resin formula that provides added strength and excellent long-term resistance to wear, with a compressive strength comparable to flowable composites. The resin formula is very resistant to oral solubility, a problem glass ionomer and resin filled glass ionomers sealants cannot overcome.
56% Filled & High Compressive Strength
- Durable, resists cracking, chipping, and fractures
- Lowers polymerization shrinkage and gap formation
- Maintains a smooth surface to avoid accumulation of plaque and debris
- Penetrates and adapts into the smallest pits and fissures for a secure seal
- Highly retentive (Shear bond strength of 32 MPa)
- Bubble-free application
Bisphenol A (BPA)
BioCoat™ Bioactive Resin Pit and Fissure Sealant is not formulated with Bisphenol A (BPA)
- 1 – 1.2ml syringe
- 5 – disposable applicator tips
- 4 – 1.2ml syringes
- 20 – disposable applicator tips
- 20 – 1.2ml syringes
- 100 – disposable applicator tips
In BioCoat, the rechargeable SmartCap microcapsules are filled with ionic solutions of fluoride, calcium and phosphate. Tooth surfaces, both in contact and adjacent to the sealant, benefit from the extended release of these ions. The demineralization cycle is disrupted and the remineralization process is continuously supported. The exchange of ions and recharge of microcapsules extends maximum protection without putting the sealant’s physical integrity at risk.